To apply, please remit a completed membership application with a non-refundable $25.00 application fee to Wedgewood Swim Club – Membership Committee, P.O. Box 614, West Chester, PA 19381. Please make checks payable to Wedgewood Swim Club.
About Our Membership
Wedgewood Swim Club membership shall not exceed 380 families to avoid overcrowding. The actual number of members, however, is determined by the Board of Directors on a yearly basis. Due to the popularity of Wedgewood, new membership applications are placed on a wait list in the order they are received. The chance for acceptance increases the earlier the application is received. Based on recent experience, a family on the waiting list has a fair chance of being accepted for membership before the current summer season.
Current Membership Dues Structure
Below are the annual dues for 2017:
|Family Size||Annual Membership|
There is an additional $50 Annual Capital Improvement Fee that is required for each family.
The “Family Tradition” and Wedgewood By-Laws require that all Family Members must be registered under our dues structure, whether they intend to swim or not. There are no partial year refunds of the membership fee.
New Member Financial Obligations
|Annual Dues||See Above.|
|Initiation Fee||$250 (one time fee)|
|Family Bond||$500 (refunded upon resignation)|
Note: Dues and fees are subject to change without notice.
Membership Invoices and Payments
Invoices are usually sent to all members by Feb 15th and payment is due 30 days after the invoice is received. After 30 days, a $50 late charge will be assessed.
Membership fees may be paid:
- Through our secure payment online payment gateway
- a check or money order and mailed to Wedgewood Swim Club, P.O. Box 614, West Chester, PA 19381-0614
- Checks should be payable to Wedgewood Swim Club.
Family Changes and Babysitters
- For changes in the family, please email a completed Family Update Form to email@example.com or give the form to the Front Gate Guard
- A nanny/babysitter may be added to a family’s membership for a fee of $75 per babysitter. To add babysitter, complete a Family Update Form and include a payment of $75 per babysitter. Mail completed form to Wedgewood Swim Club, P.O. Box 614, West Chester, PA 19381-0614 or drop off at the Club. You may leave form/payment at the Front Gate office or with the Club Manager. Checks should be made out to Wedgewood Swim Club. It takes a few days for the babysitter to be added to our computer check-in system.
- “Non family-member children” may not be added to your membership. They may be admitted as guests.
- As a member owned and member run club, we rely on member volunteers to assist with the many tasks required to open, close and maintain the swim club.
- There is one work day before the pool opens and possibly another work day in the fall after the pool closes.
- Special work days may be held during the summer and will be announced by email.
- If a member has a specific skill, for example, carpenter, electrician, landscaper, please email the Club at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will definitely utilize your skill during one of the work days.
Terminating Your Membership
To terminate your membership at Wedgewood, the following is required to obtain a bond refund:
- Send a completed bond redemption form to Wedgewood Swim Club, P.O. Box 614, West Chester, PA 19381-0614.
- Or, return the original bond to Wedgewood Swim Club, P.O. Box 614, West Chester, PA 19381-0614.
Bond refunds will be mailed based on the following criteria:
- According to our bylaws, a new member’s bond will be replaced with the terminating family’s bond.
- Article 2 Section E.VII states “A member may withdraw from the Club at any time by submitting bond and written notice to the Treasurer. The face value of the Bond (minus any outstanding charges) shall be refunded when the membership is replaced. The Board, at its discretion, may purchase membership bond of resigning members at face value.”